Tuesday 26 June 2007

On the weekend was the big move-in! What a mission. At the risk of repeating myself I can only sing Gord's praises again and again. He is relentless... he started packing furniture into the truck on friday night and the first load was ready to go on saturday morning... He just didn't stop all weekend.. incredible. Funny how these things bring out the gender stereotypes... I ended up packing up the kitchen stuff, cooking and cleaning out cupboards etc, while the boys most of the tough stuff. Credit to Henry and Robbie (our saviour - he's been over to help us out 3 weeks in a row now!) for helping with the move - thankyou so so much :)

Unfortunately it looks like we'll have no internet for a while so I'm a bit behind with posting... I haven't downloaded the latest pics yet (especially of the beautiful new floor!) but here are some scary before shots of the bathroom -




The entire bathroom is about 1700mm square and consists of a bath and a sink basically. That shot is my brother standing in the bath. Seriously. Lucky neither Gord nor I are 6 ft tall. I am about 5' 7" and my head is only about 2 inches off touching the ceiling when I'm in the shower. That room needs some serious work... I think the current DIY priority list is as follows -

1) get blinds! It is freezing without them.
2) design and make bookshelf so we can unpack the 400 boxes of books we have between us
3) bathroom!? knock out wall to laundry, sort out level of floor, get toilet plumbed inside, etc etc...?

Lastly, some eye candy. I already dream of having a beautiful big rug in the bedroom... even though it's number 4789 on the priority list right now! But isn't this lovely? -

No comments: